What's so special about the Bible? support material
The following selection of support material would be suitable for classroom extension work on this theme from your Barnabas RE Day. There are a variety of games, drama activities, stories and quizzes along with a list of books and resources, which you will find helpful in exploring this topic further.
The ideas are intended mainly for use with Key Stage 2.
Skip down to:
- Books in the Bible - a starter activity to explore the range of books in the Bible.
- Images to describe the Bible - an assembly idea about what the Bible is like for Christians.
- Books of the Bible - an exercise to explore how to find your way around the Bible.
- What Christians believe about the Bible - an outline for a session on how Christians use the Bible, using three of its stories.
- Big story of the Bible in mime - a drama idea.
- Bible anagrams - a classroom quiz about the Bible.
- Funny facts about Bible characters - another Bible quiz.