Christianity around the World Barnabas RE Day
Christianity around the World is a Barnabas RE Day theme from Barnabas in Schools.
This new theme, launched in September 2018, is suitable for Foundation, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
Through interactive and creative workshops, children will:
- explore in depth how the Christian faith is lived out in other countries
- understand Christianity as a living world faith
- use interactive and reflective activities to find out how Christianity began and developed
- learn about Christianity today in countries such as Ethiopia, Argentina, Spain and Russia
- compare differences and similarities in Christian faith and worship, as well as the key beliefs that are common across the world.
Workshops will be differentiated according to age and ability.
For a shorter snapshot of more countries, you may like to consider the Where in the World? Barnabas RE day.
You may also combine these complimentary themes to offer Where in the World? to younger pupils and Christianity around the World to older ones.
All schools booking this Barnabas RE Day will receive a free copy of the Where in the World? resource material (accredited by the Understanding Christianity project).