Exploring Collective Worship and Reflection INSET session
Exploring Collective Worship and Reflection is a Barnabas INSET theme from Barnabas in Schools.
Collective worship in the primary school should be an occasion to look forward to. This session will offer suggestions for putting across your story or thought in a way that will hold the children's attention. From having fun with stories to making a space for silence, reflection and prayer, this session aims to inspire you for when it’s your turn on the rota!
Aims of the session
- the purpose and principles behind collective worship
- the challenge and the potential of the 'collective worship' slot
- the setting up and monitoring of themes for collective worship
- practical ideas for taking a 'successful' collective worship
- ideas for introducing and handling reflection time