Lent and Easter support material
Below you will find a range of support material linked to the Lent and Easter Barnabas RE Day theme.
The following selection of resource material would be suitable for classroom extension work on this theme from your Barnabas RE Day. There are a variety of activities, stories, music and pictures along with suggested approaches for using it with learners at Foundation, KS1 and KS2.
All worksheets come with full photocopy permission to use in your school.
In addition there are links to further ideas for follow-up on the website and lists of Barnabas books which you will find helpful in exploring the topic further.
Information and Activity
A Poem for Easter Sunday
- Talking about Easter with KS2 a discussion to tease out the symbolism of the cross
- The horse and the donkey retelling the story of Palm Sunday
The following ideas on the Barnabas in Churches may also be helpful:
- A Resurrection Cross a study of a Japanese cross with craft activity
- An Easter Shout a collective worship idea
- Jesus' Temptations a reflective story with an invitation to respond creatively