What Makes a Winner? support material
Below you will find a range of support material linked to the What Makes a Winner? Barnabas RE Day theme.
Worksheets linked to the resource book
The worksheets below are intended for use with the stories in the resource book What Makes a Winner?.
Teachers will need to use their professional judgement to decide which activities are best used with their own pupils.
Ideas exploring sporting values
- Bible passages with a sports theme
- Decoration - finishing the race
- Dedication - what a load of differences!
- Dedication - joining the team
- Dependence - supporting each other
- Dependence - Peter's escape from prison
- Determination - not giving up
- Discipline - keeping on track
Ideas - Values assemblies
- Cooperation - assembly outline
- Courage - assembly outline
- Friendship - assembly outline
- Respect -assembly outline
Ideas - Exploring values with Bible stories
Extracts from Barnabas books and resources
- Messy Church Sports session: The good Samaritan from Sports Fun for Messy Churches
- Champion! from Year-Round Assemblies