What's So Special about the Bible? INSET session
What's So Special about the Bible? is a Barnabas INSET theme from Barnabas in Schools.
Aims of the INSET session
- To increase teachers' confidence in understanding and working with the Christian’s special book
- To unpack the range and variety of types of literature there are in the books of the Bible
- To gain a sense of the big story of the Bible - how it fits together and its relation to historical events and the geography of the Middle East
- To look at the different ways the Bible is regarded as special by Christians
- To experience ways to explore the Bible creatively in the classroom
- What is the Bible?
- How Christians view the Bible
- The Bible now comes to us in many forms
- The Bible is both one book and many books
- The Bible contains different kinds of literature
- The Bible is not solely a history book
- The Bible has many authors and many editors
- Reflective story - Story of the story
- How the format of the Bible has changed over time
- From paper to digital
The What’s So Special about the Bible? INSET session lasts two hours. Schools can book this as part of an INSET day or as a twilight session.