What's So Special about the Bible? support material
Below you will find a range of support material linked to the What's So Special about the Bible? Barnabas RE Day theme.
This support material would be suitable for classroom extension work on this theme from your Barnabas RE Day. There are a variety of games, drama activities, stories and quizzes along with a list of books and resources, which you will find helpful in exploring this topic further.
The ideas are intended mainly for use with Key Stage 2.
- Books in the Bible - a starter activity to explore the range of books in the Bible.
- Images to describe the Bible - an assembly idea about what the Bible is like for Christians.
- Books of the Bible - an exercise to explore how to find your way around the Bible.
- What Christians believe about the Bible - an outline for a session on how Christians use the Bible, using three of its stories.
- Big story of the Bible in mime - a drama idea.
- Bible anagrams - a classroom quiz about the Bible.
- Funny facts about Bible characters - another Bible quiz.